The workplace is constantly evolving. As the workplace evolves, new requirements and new standards get implemented to assist in making communication between your employees and customers easier. A product that does a great job at providing these unified communications is Microsoft Lync. Lync is an enterprise level platform that connects users across the world and allows you to be virtually anywhere and be able to communicate to your fellow employees and customers. The primary features of Lync are designed for voice and video, but Lync goes well beyond that.
Some features of Microsoft Lync:
- Unified Client for Lync users
(a)Allows for anything from voice/video calls to a live meetings and instant messaging sessions
(b)Improves employee performance by decreasing wait times on collaboration
- Lightweight web client for participants outside of your organization
- Web App that allows for full high definition video and meeting environment
- Full support for mobile clients
- Lync Meeting
(a)Content sharing, chat messaging, audio/video
- Integration with Microsoft Exchange and conversation archiving
(a)A place for storing meeting notes/attachments for compliance
(b)Presence and instant free/busy information
(c)Takes the load off the messaging system by allowing a faster and simpler way to connect
- Full integration with SharePoint including skill search and document author presence
- Easily could be integrated with other phone systems, online meetings or SIP enabled conference call in numbers
- Simple to manage and use
- Built-in capability for high availability ensures business continuity for you communications system
- Partner with Skype
- Flexibility on how you would like to deploy your environment for scalability
- Anywhere access for external users and traveling sales force
You can see that Lync has all the levels of communication covered from virtually any platform, but what takes it a step further is licensing. Licensing for Lync gets broken down in several affordable plans and you determine your needs. You can have hosted plans that give you that basic forms of communication to much more involved plans that gear more towards the larger enterprise. Pricing gets broken down monthly per user and LegaSystems could assist in configuration to providing support throughout your subscription with Lync.
If hosted options are not options you want to consider, there is also a full server license that gets hosted internally which allows other functions that the hosted option just doesn’t provide like audio conferencing and enterprise voice functionality.
So no matter what your preference will be, LegaSystems could guide you through the steps to determine what would be the best route for your organization to go. If you want full integration with SharePoint and other enterprise voice functionality, the standalone server route in your environment is going to be the way to go. Let LegaSystems be your choice in getting your Unified Communications platform setup and we will make sure your organization is fully configured to handle all of the excellent features that Microsoft Lync has to offer.