(a)Operating system upgrade
(b)New desktop deployment with operating system upgrade
(c)Full infrastructure change from monitoring to the desktop hardware/software
- Application/Software Deployment
- Centralized location for Updates/Images
- (a)Managed through System Center Configuration Manager 2012
- Backup/Recovery Strategies
- Communication of the changes being performed
- Maintaining a project timeline to minimize business downtime
Some other questions to be considered:
- What are the minimal requirements for the operating system you are upgrading to?
- Will all of your existing applications work on this new operating system?
- How will the infrastructure be monitored?
- What training will be needed for End Users/Support Staff?
- How will desktops be management/updated?
- How can things get automated for more efficient rollouts?
- What does your current desktop inventory look like now and how old are workstations?
As you can see there are a great deal of decisions that need to get planned out and these are only a small set of examples on all the determining factors to a deployment like this. LegaSystems has a clear approach as to the best practices for your organization and the most efficient way to carry out projects like these with a great success rate at minimal downtime. Contact LegaSystems today to get on the right “path” to upgrading your organization and having a successful upgrade to
Windows 7/Windows 8.